Need legal advice now from a lawyer in Brighton or London?
Call email or provide us with a few details of your matter by completing the enquiry box and we will endeavour to reply to you within 48 hours.
London: 0203 358 0058
Brighton: 01273 696 962
What is Redundancy?
Under UK Employment Law, redundancy is a form of dismissal. However, it is a special type of dismissal to which different rules and requirements apply, and your employer has to follow these rules in order for redundancy to be legal. If not carried out in accordance with the requirements of Employment Law, redundancy could lead to a claim for compensation due to wrongful or Unfair Dismissal. It’s recommended to use the help of a redundancy solicitor to help you claim.
Redundancy Legal Advice
Those being made redundant have legal rights:
- To be given reasons for the redundancy
- To be told and consulted in advance.
- To be selected according to an objectively fair process
- To be offered alternative employment wherever possible
- To try out any alternative offer of suitable work for four weeks without losing your right to a redundancy payment.
- To take reasonable time off, with pay, to look for alternative work or training. What is reasonable depends on the nature of your work.
- To payment of entitlements
Our redundancy solicitors can help you exercise these rights.
Speak with our Redundancy Solicitors
If you have been made redundant and feel that your employer has not followed the correct process or abided by employment law, then call our redundancy solicitors solicitors today. We’re open 7 days a week and always happy to help. Arlingsworth have helped win many employment cases over the last few years and our experts pride themselves on their absolute service.
Huge praise for Arlingsworth from the husband and I. Very understanding and compassionate; it was an absolute pleasure working with you.Jack Woolf
It really is true – Arlingsworth provided ‘Absolute Service’ as promised. Incredibly satisfied and so happy the case has been finally resolved!Dan Foster
Overall Arlingsworth are 100% perfect in all aspects of their service.Adrian Sutherland